Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Farhan Faiz <fa...@zhservices.com> on 2021/08/12 08:36:03 UTC

CouchDB 3.1.1 Compaction

Hi,

I want to know when does Compaction occurs by default in CouchDB 3.1.1.
I have not set anything, everything is the default. And compaction occurs every week on different days which is causing heavy load on the servers. Please advise me on the best practice for reducing the load during compaction.

Re: CouchDB 3.1.1 Compaction

Posted by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Farhan,

You can configure time windows during which compaction would take
place. See https://docs.couchdb.org/en/stable/maintenance/compaction.html#scheduling-windows

Cheers,
-Nick