Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by cresc <md...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 13:45:31 UTC

dynamic application from diff wars

hi,

Just eager to know if any of you had tried the following application in
wicket.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20499804/appl.jpg

Core.war contains the login, usermanagement, layout etc.
m1, m2, m3 etc are smaller modules independent of each other.
>From the core layout contained in core.war I should be able to launch m1, m2
m3 etc.. If a new module m4.war is deployed, then I would like to have m4
menu appear on the layout (basically menus constructed from values in
database table).

Please provide some starters on how to build an application like this.

Thanks,
cresc

Re: dynamic application from diff wars

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointer! Interesting discussion...
I'm not an OSGi expert but using buddy class-loading techniques will (maybe)
help here... Essentially, what I do is to have wicket as part of a basic
bundle W that contains Wicket jar and then all other bundles contributing
components, say A,B,C..., will declare bundle W as a buddy so W has no
problems in reading classes from A,B,C... I don't think this is a best
practice but it works and I haven't found any serialization problems...but
maybe I just have being lucky. This solution is equinox specific but I think
the standard has something similar to buddy-class-loading... .

Best,

Ernesto

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
your m1,m2,etc should be jars not wars. you should only have one war
if you want this to be a single web application.

-igor