Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/11 17:02:11 UTC

Edismax query parser and non existent fields

I am using the Edismax query parser and have noticed that if I specify
a field that is invalid for a document I still get results which I
would not have expected.  For instance if I say first_name:kris, and
not all my documents have the field first name I can still get back
documents where the first_name matches a field value.  So for instance
if the field was a phonetic field with the value Forrest, that
matches.  Is there a way to have Edismax ignore all fielded values
that are not valid for the schema?