Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2005/11/01 10:12:10 UTC

Apache 2.1 monitor hook?

Hi,

does mp2 support this new hook in apache 2.1?

Torsten

Re: Apache 2.1 monitor hook?

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does mp2 support this new hook in apache 2.1?

I have no idea which hook this is, so the answer is most likely no :)

at the moment mp2 only supports apache 2.0 features.  new things in httpd
2.1/2.2, such as authentication providers or other new hooks, are not
supported.  they may be at some point in the future, but they are not at the
moment.

however, there's no reason mod_perl core needs to support these hooks for
you to have access to them - with mod_perl and some quick XS you can hook
into just about any part of apache you want.  Apache::AuthenHook provides an
interface to auth providers, so I'm pretty confident you can support
whatever it is you want as well via a simple BOOT section :)

--Geoff