Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "John Robert Gardner, Architect" <jo...@sun.com> on 2001/07/27 08:44:33 UTC

Rasterizer "RFE" - has this been done?

Is there anyway that the rasterizer can support XPointer-like URL's for
the [-d <directory>] option?  More specifically, simply an anchor/id in
an SVG file such as home/gardnerj/svg/myfile.svg#segment ?

In this sense if one had --say-- many slides in one SVg instance and
wanted to furnish an option at the command line to get a jpg of only
that one slide, that one segment of the file, this could be done.

Perhaps this is already implemented, so RTFM is welcome.  It's not
something I can hack in code as anyone watching me putter with any .jar
more complex than SimpleExample.jar will tell you .. . .  :-)

THanks in advance,

jr
--

--------------------------
John Robert Gardner
#2-0692 / WFH 781-592-7217

Re: Rasterizer "RFE" - has this been done?

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
On Friday 27 July 2001 08:44, John Robert Gardner, Architect wrote:
> Is there anyway that the rasterizer can support XPointer-like URL's for
> the [-d <directory>] option?  More specifically, simply an anchor/id in
> an SVG file such as home/gardnerj/svg/myfile.svg#segment ?
>
> In this sense if one had --say-- many slides in one SVg instance and
> wanted to furnish an option at the command line to get a jpg of only
> that one slide, that one segment of the file, this could be done.
>
> Perhaps this is already implemented, so RTFM is welcome.  It's not
> something I can hack in code as anyone watching me putter with any .jar
> more complex than SimpleExample.jar will tell you .. . .  :-)

The rasterizer (and the viewer) fully supports URI fragments and SVG View.
For futher details about the syntax, you can have a look at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/linking.html

You can use such URI fragments on the command line and rasterizer a
particular view (using the view element), a particular element using xpointer
or a particular region using an 'inlined' transformation matrix in the URI.

If you want examples, take a look at our samples with the svgbrowser:

samples/tests/linkingViewBox.svg
samples/tests/linkingTransform.svg

Does that help?

Regards,