Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by guang wu <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/22 09:31:16 UTC

About Cloudstack RedundantRouter some Issue

Hi,everyone
  No.1 i'm built cloudstack environment for 4.0, Advance Network mode, i'm
create a Network offering with Source NAT and other service(such as Static
Nat, LB, PF,FW,DNS,DHCP) , and RedundantRouter is Enabled, and GuestType is
Isolated, create Guest network and use this Network Offering, create a
Virtual Machine, when i add Static Nat to this vm that system appear
 error this operate failed, try again , this issue remain exist(but General
Router is support Static Nat). I want know RedundantRouter is not  support
Static Nat or need other condition? if need other condition, can you tell
me?

  No.2 i want know RedundantRouter whether support HA itself, i test found,
when i shutdown RedundantRouter that can't restart by self, but not
RedundantRouter(general Router can restart again) cant start by self.  if
RedundantRouter  not support HA, why is design ?

thank you

Re: About Cloudstack RedundantRouter some Issue

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
1. Redundant router supports all isolated network services. Could you add
log to show the error?

2. Currently redundant router doesn't support HA, because the other router
of the pair would take over immediately. And it's somehow complex to
implement the HA with redundant router, which itself is a kind of HA
mechanism.

--Sheng