Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/09 01:10:27 UTC

Javamail 1.4 Version 1.9.0 proposal

I did some work on Javamail 1.4  and want to discuss the changes
before commit them:

- Replaced greenmail with apache james
- Added new testcases, more to come ...
- Fixed APOP authentication for POP3
- Starttls is now also working for POP3
- Some love for pom's
- Fixed issues:

Support for properties mail.<protocol>.socketFactory and
mail.<protocol>.ssl.socketFactory

Support for property starttls.require

starttls.required is not supported by JavaMail

You can review the proposed changes here:
https://github.com/salyh/geronimo-javamail/commit/7bac5b296025a9de098428e88756c5b06ae44b2e

or get the diff here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/salyh/geronimo-javamail/7bac5b296025a9de098428e88756c5b06ae44b2e/svn.diff

Site is here: http://people.apache.org/~salyh/geronimo-javamail_1.4/1.9.0-SNAPSHOT/

Thanks for your comments or feedback
Hendrik

--
Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22

Re: Javamail 1.4 Version 1.9.0 proposal

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I think what you are proposing is great.  I never had time to wrap my head around javamail enough to do anything with it.  Getting the geronimo implementation to actually work with  James would be really nice.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.
next one which fixes Fix GERONIMO-6165

https://github.com/salyh/jm14specsvn/commit/9563e09ba5ddfb74401eb7d5b37abb60ceb3ea7c

I replaced the original QuotedPrintable encoding/decoding stuff with
mime4j (included as shaded jar)

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But despite of that the feature discussion is the important one. Have
> not looked yet on greenmail 1.4 but i would like to use a "real"
> mailserver to test the javamail impl. and james seems to be the
> perfect candidate:
> its an apache project, its (mostly) rfc compliant, its suitable for
> unittesting and possibly synergy effects if the project use each
> other.

All sounds good.

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hendrik.

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevan,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
> Good to see you are eating some Apache James here, but James would also love
> to use Apache Geronimo Mail, which could lead to dependencies clash (james
> depending on geronimo depending on james...).

using crossed versions it is ok

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.
In which parts of james you plan to use javamail? In my case i am only
using the protocol servers and only for the provider impl, not the specs.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hendrik!