Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 08:45:19 UTC

Re: Not replacing token in plugin's parameters

Anyone?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Oct 8, 2007, at 1:12 AM, Stephane Nicoll wrote:

> On 10/8/07, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you are asking... or why I'm being ping'd :-P
>
> Sounds like you had the same problem before, so I'm just wondering if
> you found a solution.

Oh, so that was what you were talking about... ;-)

Nope, I've just moved on for now.  The problems I was having was that
Groovy code inlined into a pom.xml might not behave as one might
expect due to GStrings conflicting with POM variable expansion.  The
only solution I had for that was to, a) don't use GStrings when
inlinng or don't inline, use a file.

>> Awhile back I was trying to get a plugins params to not be replaced
>> at all, which I was told was impossible.  I'm not sure that is what
>> you are looking for here.
>
> Exactly. The weird thing is .... it worked :) I've been using this for
> a couple of weeks and suddenly a user reported that the last snapshot
> broke that functionnality.

Dunno... :-\

> I don't get why it's impossible. Plexus components are responsible to
> inject the pom's value into the mojo's field right? What if we provide
> a component that does not interpolate the content of the attribute. It
> used to be like this at least? (maybe an older version of the plugin
> plugin generates different descriptors?)

Ya, it should be possible, but IIUC the current maven plumbing which
handles plugins does not allow it.  It would sure be nice to get an
additional attribute to configuration, like opaque="true" (in
addition to implementation) which could signal the contain and glue
to leave the configuration element untouched.

--jason

Re: Not replacing token in plugin's parameters

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/07, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you are asking... or why I'm being ping'd :-P

Sounds like you had the same problem before, so I'm just wondering if
you found a solution.

> Awhile back I was trying to get a plugins params to not be replaced
> at all, which I was told was impossible.  I'm not sure that is what
> you are looking for here.

Exactly. The weird thing is .... it worked :) I've been using this for
a couple of weeks and suddenly a user reported that the last snapshot
broke that functionnality.

I don't get why it's impossible. Plexus components are responsible to
inject the pom's value into the mojo's field right? What if we provide
a component that does not interpolate the content of the attribute. It
used to be like this at least? (maybe an older version of the plugin
plugin generates different descriptors?)

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks,
Stéphane

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.