Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Shubham Kumar <sh...@umail.iu.edu> on 2017/11/14 23:53:35 UTC

Re: CLI tool to export Application Catalog information

Hi Suresh,

I am able to import Modules , Interfaces and Deployments in the new
Gateway. But, all Deployments that are created in new  gateway have Module
name set to Abacus and compute resource as stampede. Module Id differs in
between gateways. Not sure how to effectively search for moduleId in the
list of newly created modules and then assign it to Deployment and
Interface objects accordingly.

Is above mentioned functionality sufficient for AppCatalog CLI tool to
export AppCatalog Info ?

Best,
Shubham

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Shubham,

When importing and you call registerApplicationModule, it returns the module id. Does that help?

Also you asked about computeHostId on Hipchat. I think computeHostId should be translated to the compute hostname when exporting because different Airavata instances will have different ids for the same compute host. You can use getAllComputeResourceNames to map from computeHostId to compute hostname when doing the export and you can use the same to do the reverse mapping on import.

In general I don’t think we want any internal Airavata ids in the export JSON descriptor files since they will be unique to each Airavata instance.  However, this does raise the issue of how can you tell if an application has already been imported?  Perhaps there could be a check where when importing the CLI tool queries to see if an application module with the same name already exists and prompt the user whether to proceed or not. A more difficult problem here will be how to update an imported application, but we can tackle that later.

Thanks,

Marcus

I was looking the details in dev.seagrid.org<http://dev.seagrid.org/>. But I assume all the list of modules , interface and deployment are also present on dev.testdrive.airavata.org<http://dev.testdrive.airavata.org/> .