Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/06 19:13:13 UTC

Apache2::compat in httpd24threading

Looking at a(nother) Windows test failure with httpd-2.4.6
(t/compat/conn_rec.t fails tests 3 and 4), I notice that
Apache2::compat was changed to use client_ip/client_addr instead of
remote_ip/remote_addr in r1448202, but then changed back (for the sake
of httpd-2.2.x) in r1497279.

Is this test now passing on Linux? I can't understand why it would
only fail on Windows.

Re: Apache2::compat in httpd24threading

Posted by Jan Kaluža <jk...@redhat.com>.
On 02/06/2014 07:13 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> Looking at a(nother) Windows test failure with httpd-2.4.6
> (t/compat/conn_rec.t fails tests 3 and 4), I notice that
> Apache2::compat was changed to use client_ip/client_addr instead of
> remote_ip/remote_addr in r1448202, but then changed back (for the sake
> of httpd-2.2.x) in r1497279.
>
> Is this test now passing on Linux? I can't understand why it would
> only fail on Windows.

It is not passing. I have no idea how to change Apache2::compat to
support both. I was able to support only httpd24 or httpd22, not both.
If you know how to do that, feel free. Otherwise I think it's better to
declare Apache2::compat to be httpd22 only.

Jan Kaluza