Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maxim Kramarenko <ma...@trackstudio.com> on 2010/05/18 00:02:38 UTC

JMX metrics for monitoring

Hi!

Which JMX metrics do you use for Cassandra monitoring ? Which values can
be used for alerts ?

Re: JMX metrics for monitoring

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Here are the basics I discuss in Riptano's training classes:
http://github.com/jbellis/cassandra-munin-plugins

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: JMX metrics for monitoring

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:57 PM, hoivan <ih...@evidentsoftware.com> wrote:

> Just as an FYI, Evident ClearStone supports monitoring of Cassandra
> clusters
> in enterprise and EC2  deployments.

Sending just one of these emails will suffice in future.

-Brandon

Re: JMX metrics for monitoring

Posted by hoivan <ih...@evidentsoftware.com>.
Just as an FYI, Evident ClearStone supports monitoring of Cassandra clusters
in enterprise and EC2  deployments.

Evident ClearStone supports various NoSQL products (including Cassandra) and
distributed caching technologies. The product supports the aggregation of
metrics (from JMX) across all the nodes in the cluster. We also monitor JVM
stats like CPU, heap, and GC. The user interface is an Adobe Flex
application. We have also include some of the nodetool operations within the
product to allow you to point an click on a node to run some of the nodetool
functions. There's many more features in the product such as alerting and
historical reporting.

You can find more information about Evident ClearStone here:
http://www.evidentsoftware.com/products/clearstone-for-cassandra

Free downloads are available here: http://www.evidentsoftware.com/download

Re: JMX metrics for monitoring

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
There are many, but here's what I found useful so far:
Per CF you have:
- Recent read/write latency
- PendingTasks
- Read/Write count

Globally you have, for each of the stages
(e.g. org.apache.cassandra.concurrent:type=ROW-READ-STAGE):
- PendingTasks
- ActiveCount

... and as you go you'll find more