Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Peter Bowman <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/30 11:48:28 UTC

Download Problem

Hi All,

Whenever I attempt to download:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/qpid/M3-incubating/qpid-incubating-M3-java.tar.gz

the download always stops a 4.7 megabytes even though the size of the file is actually 8.2mb. I have tried to download to both Ubuntu and XP using Firefox 3.0.3.

Is this a problem of my system/setup or is there a problem with this file itself?

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

Re: Download Problem

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Carl Trieloff wrote:

>> Peter> Whenever I attempt to download: Peter>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/qpid/M3-incubating/qpid-incubating-M3-java.tar.gz
>>

>> Peter> the download always stops a 4.7 megabytes even though the size of
>> Peter> the file is actually 8.2mb. I have tried to download to both
>> Ubuntu
>> Peter> and XP using Firefox 3.0.3.
>>
>> Peter> Is this a problem of my system/setup or is there a problem with
>> this
>> Peter> file itself?
>>
>> Works fine for me.  Try using wget or curl.
>>
>> Terry
>>

> Did wget work? if so we can add that as a trip to the download page

It did for me.

Re: Download Problem

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 09:08 -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> > Peter> Whenever I attempt to download:
> > Peter> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/qpid/M3-incubating/qpid-incubating-M3-java.tar.gz
> >
> > Peter> the download always stops a 4.7 megabytes even though the size of
> > Peter> the file is actually 8.2mb. I have tried to download to both Ubuntu
> > Peter> and XP using Firefox 3.0.3.
> >
> > Peter> Is this a problem of my system/setup or is there a problem with this
> > Peter> file itself?
> >
> > Works fine for me.  Try using wget or curl.
> >
> > Terry
> >

> Did wget work? if so we can add that as a trip to the download page
Yes, and axel works too.

-Rajika

--
http://wso2.org