Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/29 00:58:30 UTC

various TTL datas in one table (TWCS)

Hello,

I have a table with a default TTL(2w). I'm using TWCS(window size : 12h) on the recommendation of experts. This table is quite big, high WPS.

I would like to insert data different TTL from the default in this table according to the type of data.
About four different TTLs (4w, 6w, 8w, 10w)

ex.)
INSERT INTO my_table (…..) VALUES (….) USING TTL 4w

Could this cause performance problems or unexpected problems in the compaction?

Please give me advice,

Thank you.

Re: various TTL datas in one table (TWCS)

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Those properties but 21600 is probably more aggressive than I’d use myself - I’m not 100% sure but I suspect I’d try something over 12 hours

Posted by Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.