Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Saurabh Suman <sa...@rediff.com> on 2009/08/04 08:52:12 UTC

slaves not working

Hi

i am wroking on nutch 1.0. I am trying to figure out the best way to see if
the slaves are working.  I
have a master and a slave node.  I do the bin/start-all.sh and it
appears as if the slave starts up.  When I go to the name node under
50030 it only shows 1 node in there.  When I run bin/slaves.sh uptime
I do get both computers.  On the slave machine I see the hadoop
service running but when I go to crawl or index I don't see any
activity on the slave node. I can ping from slave to master and vice versa.
what am i missing to get a slave working?

my base is
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial