Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 02:03:01 UTC

search performance

I always understood the joins were one of the most expensive RDBMS
operations.  With this in mind, I'm wondering whether I should use a
join ( JCR-JQOM ) or do two independent searches and combine the
results myself.  Or if there is even a difference.

In my search, I need to hit two nodes of two types, which implies a
join.  However, I could execute to single selector queries, one for
each node type.   Should it matter performance wise?