Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2020/01/09 16:51:03 UTC

Make sure to check website diff before commit (was: FAQ page is blank now)

Xinyi, it looks like your commit in r1872526 somehow removed the
contents from faq.md. It's not obvious to me how the build.sh script
could have done this.

As a reminder: we want everyone to feel empowered to constantly be
making documentation changes to Phoenix, but it's really important to
double-check what you're about to commit as we don't have any kind of
validation to catch these sorts of issues.

No need to draw any more attention to this and no apology is necessary
(we all delete stuff accidentally -- I'll tell you the time about how I
re-imaged two racks of servers over a beer). Thanks for those of you who
are making the docs better every day :)