Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Timothy Larson <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/30 16:33:29 UTC

[Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Lets pick a name for for the element containing child widgets.
Off the top of my head, I remember these names being offered:
  children, items, widgets
Other suggestions are welcome of course. What name do we all like?
This will apply to at least the AggregateField, Repeater, Union,
Struct, and Class widgets, and possibly to others in the future.

--Tim Larson

Re: [Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 13:59, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> > oops,
> > I thought there was an ongoing exercise of listing which widgets have
> > this 'container' behaviour,
> >
> > so I thought RepeaterRow should be added to the list, and I was
> > doubthing if Repeater still needs to be in there?
> >
> > hope this clears out the induced confusion?
>
> yes it does. We were looking at things from the point of the report
> definition, where the RepeaterRow isn't explicitely mentioned as a
> widget.

oops, "form definition" instead of "report definition".

Re: [Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>>And Form also.
>>>

>>and RepeaterRow? (probably in stead of Repeater?)

oops,
I thought there was an ongoing exercise of listing which widgets have
this 'container' behaviour,

so I thought RepeaterRow should be added to the list, and I was
doubthing if Repeater still needs to be in there?

hope this clears out the induced confusion?

regards,
-marc=

Re: [Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 13:26, Marc Portier wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 16:33, Timothy Larson wrote:
> >
> >>Lets pick a name for for the element containing child widgets.
> >>Off the top of my head, I remember these names being offered:
> >>  children, items, widgets
> >

> > Currently only "children" is in use I think, but "widgets" seems better
> > to me. Which one do you prefer?
> >

> +1 for widgets
>

> >>Other suggestions are welcome of course. What name do we all like?
> >>This will apply to at least the AggregateField, Repeater, Union,
> >>Struct, and Class widgets, and possibly to others in the future.
> >

> > And Form also.
> >

> and RepeaterRow? (probably in stead of Repeater?)

Not following here... you want to rename Repeater to RepeaterRow?

Re: [Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Marc Portier dijo:

> Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 16:33, Timothy Larson wrote:
>>
>>>Lets pick a name for for the element containing child widgets.
>>>Off the top of my head, I remember these names being offered:
>>>  children, items, widgets
>>

>> Currently only "children" is in use I think, but "widgets" seems
>> better to me. Which one do you prefer?
>>

> +1 for widgets

+1

>>>Other suggestions are welcome of course. What name do we all like?
>>> This will apply to at least the AggregateField, Repeater, Union,
>>> Struct, and Class widgets, and possibly to others in the future.
>>

>> And Form also.
>>

> and RepeaterRow? (probably in stead of Repeater?)

I prefer repeater (it is shorter, clear and I am very lazy to write Row on
every Repeater ;-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 16:33, Timothy Larson wrote:
>
>>Lets pick a name for for the element containing child widgets.
>>Off the top of my head, I remember these names being offered:
>>  children, items, widgets
>

> Currently only "children" is in use I think, but "widgets" seems better
> to me. Which one do you prefer?

+1 for widgets

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 16:33, Timothy Larson wrote:
>

>>Lets pick a name for for the element containing child widgets.
>>Off the top of my head, I remember these names being offered:
>>  children, items, widgets
>>

>Currently only "children" is in use I think, but "widgets" seems better
>to me. Which one do you prefer?

+1 for "widgets". "children" doesn't seem appropriate to me as, in the
case of a repeater, the widgets are not the direct children of the
repeater (these are the rows).

Sylvain

Re: [Woody] name for element containing child widgets

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.