Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bocz Peter <bo...@freemail.hu> on 2003/01/31 15:52:51 UTC

[users@httpd] ScriptInterpreterSource problem

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Win32 port of Apache and ran into a problem.
Apparently "ScriptInterpreterSource Registry" setting doesn't work. If I set
the shebang line in the script to point to the proper Perl interpreter, it's
all fine. If I keep the unix path, it does a '500' error and saying
"couldn't spawn child process" in the log. I'd like to keep my scripts
portable across Unix and Win32, that's why I'd have the unix path at the
shebang line and override its usage under Win32. According to the comments
in httpd.conf, the above setting disables shebang processing, but it doesn't
seem to work for me.
Apache 1.3.27, Win2Kpro, ActivePerl.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Peter | mailto:boca@freemail.hu | http://www.VRtheworld.com