Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pilade Franceschi <pi...@cgi.it> on 2000/07/06 12:14:42 UTC

inline-graphic

Hello,
  i would like to know if it's possible to use inline-graphic like this:
<fo:inline-graphic href="http://localhost:8080/servlet/image.servlet.IndicatoreServlet"/>
where href isn't an image file, it's a call to a servlet that produce an output byte stream in GIF or JPEG format.
when i trie to use this line of code, i receive this response:

Image format not supported

Thanks,

Pilade

Re: R: inline-graphic

Posted by Jerry Lundström <je...@citat.se>.
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:04:07 +0200, "Pilade Franceschi" <pi...@cgi.it> wrote:

>thanks Eric for your answer.
>in my servlet i specifies:
>HttpServletResponse res
>res.setContentType("image/gif"); or res.setContentType("image/jpeg");
>
>i don't know if i have to set other HTTP headers but this servlet runs without problems with browsers and visualize the image and i can also save it in the rigth format. in particular if i save the image and i use the image file in the .fo file, i obtain the pdf with the image.
>when i try to use directly the path of the servlet in the .fo file i have problems.
>so i'd like to know how i could set the HTTP headers or some other  possible cause of the problem.
>thanks,
>   pilade

just as a note, ive gotten this problem too useing serverside script to generate images...

--
Jerry.Lundström:<je...@citat.se>:system.developer/programmer
icq.18682823:mobile+46.739.876053:phone+46.31.7107244:fax+46.31.7107201

Re: inline-graphic

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.
glurps... I don't know where the problem is...

Eric.

R: inline-graphic

Re: inline-graphic

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.
Make sure your servlet sends HTTP headers, like the associated Mime Type ....

Eric.