Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by V Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM> on 2006/01/03 15:48:43 UTC

When does a PreparedStatement become invalid in derby?

Hi,
I am working on StatementEventListeners as part of providing JDBC4.0
support to derby.

       The driver calls the statementErrorOccurred method on all
StatementEventListeners registered on the connection when it detects
that a PreparedStatement is invalid.

       One situation when this happens is when the connection is closed.
 what other circumstances can make the PreparedStatement invalid?

thanx
V.Narayanan

Re: When does a PreparedStatement become invalid in derby?

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
V Narayanan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on StatementEventListeners as part of providing JDBC4.0
> support to derby.
>
>        The driver calls the statementErrorOccurred method on all
> StatementEventListeners registered on the connection when it detects
> that a PreparedStatement is invalid.
>
>        One situation when this happens is when the connection is closed.
>  what other circumstances can make the PreparedStatement invalid?

When the statement used to create the PreparedStatement becomes invalid
due to DDL. I think this will occur the first time the statement is
executed after the DDL.

Dan.