Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com> on 2014/07/14 21:53:33 UTC

Waiting for [accumulo] balancer to finish

Do we have a programmatic way of asserting that the balancer has finished?
I'm creating tables and pre-splitting them before doing any loads and
currently just sleep for a minute hoping that all of the tablets will be
distributed enough. Is there a better way?

Mike

Re: Waiting for [accumulo] balancer to finish

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
There are some tests in 1.5.x that rely on the GetMasterStats utility to
see if things are balanced. They parse the text output though.

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/1.6.0/test/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/test/GetMasterStats.java

--
Sean

Re: Waiting for [accumulo] balancer to finish

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.