Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rahul Sood <rs...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/05 14:35:21 UTC

contrib join package

Hi,

Is there any detailed documentation on the
org.apache.hadoop.contrib.utils.join package ? I have a simple Join task
consisting of 2 input datasets. Each contains tab-separated records.

Set1: Record format = field1\tfield2\tfield3\tfield4\tfield5

Set2: Record format = field1\tfield2\tfield3

Join criterion: Set1.field1 = Set2.field1

Output: Set2.field2\tSet1.field2\tSet1.field3\tSet1.field4

The org.apache.hadoop.contrib.utils.join package contains DataJoinMapperBase
and DataJoinReducerBase abstract classes, and a TaggedMapOutput class which
should be the base class for the mapper output values. But there aren't any
examples showing how these classes should be used to implement inner or
outer joins in a generic manner.

If anybody has used this package and would like to share their experience,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Rahul Sood

rsood@yahoo-inc.com

Re: contrib join package

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
Please look at the examples in the
source<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/core/trunk/src/contrib/data_join/src/examples/org/apache/hadoop/contrib/utils/join/>directory.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any other documentation on it.

-- Owen