Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Ireland <SA...@donireland.com> on 2008/02/07 00:22:00 UTC

Score vs Bars

When looking at the headers that SA puts in my messages, what's the diff between BARS and SCORE?

TIA!

Don Ireland

Re: Score vs Bars

Posted by Jonathan Armitage <jo...@hepworthband.co.uk>.
Matt Kettler wrote:
> Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 11:52:09PM -0500, Don Ireland wrote:
>>
>>> When I look at the message source, the following is among them--this
>>> is actually from YOUR reply.
>>>

> Looks like it might have been generated by whatever these guys are using:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200708.mbox/%3C200708021812.04894.d_baron@012.net.il%3E

I think it is. See

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch41.html#SECTscanspamass

Jon

Re: Score vs Bars

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 11:52:09PM -0500, Don Ireland wrote:
>
>> When I look at the message source, the following is among them--this is
>> actually from YOUR reply.

> In a standard config, X-Spam-Status has a lot more information, and
> X-Spam-Score and X-Spam-Bar don't exist.  You must have a local configuration
> (or a third-party utility which does its own markup,) which has these setup.Loo

Looks like it might have been generated by whatever these guys are using:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200708.mbox/%3C200708021812.04894.d_baron@012.net.il%3E

Looks like there's some kind of exim setup that does this..

Based on that I can make these guesses:

 X-Spam-Score seems to be score *10, and truncated instead of rounded.
This accounts for how -6.6 can become -65.. (-6.58 will round to -6.6,
but multiply and truncate and you get -65)

X-Spam-Bar probably generates a series of - or + signs for each full
point of score in that direction. (similar to SA's _STARS(*)_ tag, but
with negative scores represented). It's a wild guess, but seems reasonable.

Re: Score vs Bars

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"For those of you who might have grown up in the city, these are cattle."

Re: Score vs Bars

Posted by Don Ireland <SA...@donireland.com>.

Re: Score vs Bars

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:22:00PM -0500, Don Ireland wrote:
> When looking at the headers that SA puts in my messages, what's the diff between BARS and SCORE?

It depends, what are you talking about?  :)

Do you have X-Spam-BARS and X-Spam-SCORE as headers?  If so, you need to
figure out what the config for those are since they're not standard.

If you mean _SCORE_ versus _BARS_, the first is a template that's replaced w/
the score of the message.  _BARS_ doesn't exist, those _STARS_ is similar,
which is replaced by a number of characters equal to the score.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"This meat is hard to chew," Tom beefed jerkily.