Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/08 09:11:58 UTC

[Installer] Setting up installer sources into IDE

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to setting up installer sources into my IDE (Intellij 14.0). I
got an error:

Error:(36, 30) [InstallApacheFlex (module installer)]: Error code: 1172:
Definition org.apache.flex.crypto:MD5Stream could not be found.

Where actually I can find this class ? I have found that this class is part
of as3corelib [1], but it seems to be under adobe license. It was donated to
Apache ?

[1] https://github.com/mikechambers/as3corelib

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [Installer] Setting up installer sources into IDE

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Nick,

I've reviewed your instruction and have couple of concerns. I did similar
steps, but to have project buildable without any ant tasks I had to do
couple of tweaks.
But let's focus on your description.

Point 4 - 5:
"Add the following Content Roots" - Do you mean here that user have to add
in module settings "New Module" (library type) or he should do something
else ?

Point 10: Initially user doesn't have common.swc and ant_on_air.swc so
probably we should add these dependencies as "Build Configuration...".
Once user launch building for the Installer first will be build these
dependencies. (this how I set up my IDE)

It seems for me that you assume that user already build these dependencies
using ant and he should add it using option "New library...".

What was your direction on that?

Piotr

-----

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Updated the README with the instructions.  If somebody else could go
through them to verify I'm not off my rocker, that would rock.

-Nick

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
For IntelliJ 12+

AFTER you do a build on ant_on_air, go to your project settings -> Modules
-> installer
   Add the following context roots :
          ant_on_air     (mark src and external dirs as source)
          common        (mark src dir as source)

   Go to the module dependendencies.  Add the following as dependencies
(linkage = merged)
           installer\libs
           installer\common\bin\common.swc
           installer\ant_on_air\in\ant_on_air.swc
           ant_on_air\external\libs\as3commons-zip-alpha1.swc

Also, make sure your AIR SDK was compiled for support for AIR 4.0.

-Nick

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
"org.apache.flex.crypto.MD5Stream" is part of the ant-on-air project,
once that builds, you should see the error go away.

EdB

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 12:39 PM, piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Erik.
>
> I've moved a bit forward. ant-on-air is building, but I'm still getting
> error with MD5Stream class.
>
> It has apache name space org.apache.flex.crypto.MD5Stream - so do we have
> these swc somewhere in our repo ?
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [Installer] Setting up installer sources into IDE

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I think you can run 'ant main' and it will get the needed resources?

But in order to build your need to set up 2 other projects in your IDE:
common and ant-on-air

EdB

On Sunday, February 8, 2015, piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to setting up installer sources into my IDE (Intellij 14.0). I
> got an error:
>
> Error:(36, 30) [InstallApacheFlex (module installer)]: Error code: 1172:
> Definition org.apache.flex.crypto:MD5Stream could not be found.
>
> Where actually I can find this class ? I have found that this class is part
> of as3corelib [1], but it seems to be under adobe license. It was donated
> Apache ?
>
> [1] https://github.com/mikechambers/as3corelib
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr