Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/05/01 05:58:20 UTC

Re: Renaming updateVMAffinityGroup -> updateAffinityGroup

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:31:46AM -0700, Prachi Damle wrote:
> Hi Prasanna,
>
> The API is to update a VirtualMachine's affinity group associations
> - it's not really an update operation on an affinity group - hence
> the odd naming. The resource the API is acting on is a VM.

> Please suggest any other name that seems meaningful and fits the
> conventions...

Yes I imagined it would be something to do with the VM. But
deleteAffinityGroup&vmid=<uuid> then got me wondering. If it is
'updateVmAffinity' then it should be 'deleteVmAffinity' as well? Or does
the delete also remove the affinity group after dissociating the group
from the VM? I think not - because the affinity group could be
associated with multiple VMs?
:wq

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Renaming updateVMAffinityGroup -> updateAffinityGroup

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 05:46:11AM +0000, Prachi Damle wrote:
> Yes, disassociation means on future restarts the VM will not follow
> the affinity group rule.

So the API has implicitly affected the VM I guess then. Should be
fine.

Thanks for entertaining the discussion on this,

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

RE: Renaming updateVMAffinityGroup -> updateAffinityGroup

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.
Yes, disassociation means on future restarts the VM will not follow the affinity group rule.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

RE: Renaming updateVMAffinityGroup -> updateAffinityGroup

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.