Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Hill Liu <hi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 15:00:51 UTC

workflow action retry problem

Hi,

I use oozie 4.0.0 and I found the action retry has some problem.

In oozie-default.xml, the oozie.service.LiteWorkflowStoreService.user.retry.max
is set to 3.
Then I submit a job and fail it purposely, Oozie won't retry it.
Then I add <action name="a" retry-max="2" retry-interval="1"> in action
node, and fail the job again, then Oozie will retry it.
But I think  oozie.service.LiteWorkflowStoreService.user.retry.max setting
is the global setting that user doesn't need to specify its own retry-max
in action node and can get Oozie to retry the failed action. Am I correct
about the oozie.service.LiteWorkflowStoreService.user.retry.max or is this
a bug?

thanks,

Brad