Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bill milbratz <mi...@neodesic.com> on 2001/09/18 16:36:32 UTC

The final word on struts and jboss 2.2.2 and tomcat 3.2.2

I'd like to confirm from the Struts Authorities, that indeed, struts
doesn't quite-work-right with tomcat 3.2.2 and jboss 2.2.2.  (Classloader
problems and sundry "'class not found" exceptions). Does jboss-2.4.1a and
Tomcat-3.2.3 solve the problem?

I've seen a few posts on this topic:

This one suggests that Tomcat 3.3 makes the problem disappear:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg14601.html

This one suggests a workaround which involves precompiling the jsp pages:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg12335.html

This one suggests dropping back to tomcat 3.2.1
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg12400.html

thanks in advance,

bill m

Re: The final word on struts and jboss 2.2.2 and tomcat 3.2.2

Posted by Ted Husted <ar...@jab.org>.
The honest truth is that we don't do any private testing at Jakarta, and
rely on reports from field engineers, like yourself, to let us know what
works and what doesn't ;-) In fact, nearly all of the installation pages
were written by field developers rather than the Struts Authorities ;-)

Are you saying that you are having problems with the JBoss/Tomcat
bundle?

http://jboss.org/binary.jsp

Though, a problem with using 3.2.2 is that 3.2.3 is a security update.
;-(

Do your problems persist with the new JBoss/Jetty bundle?

The production release of Tomcat 4 just came out (yeah!). You might give
that a whirl.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

Posted by Luis Olivares <ol...@infosphere.com>.
Im too very interested in this topic, since we'll be developing an
Application for WebSphere 4.0, but our Development Enviroment will be Jboss
with Tomcat.

Regards.

                       Luis Olivares.
           luis.olivares@infosphere.com
  "Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing
       work, yet getting the work done"
                  --Linus Torvalds--