Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nicoleta Lazar <ni...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/03/10 12:44:02 UTC

Mathematical Formulas In MSWord Files

Hello,

I am currently working on a project that involves mathematical texts manipulation. I have used Apache POI to extract formulas and text from input MSWord files, but in order to fully process each paragraph, I need a way to keep the position of a formula inside that paragraph. I could not find any means using Apache POI to have a placeholder inside the text for each formula. That's why I am asking you:
   - is there something that I am missing and it is in fact possible to obtain a list with formulas and their position in the paragraph?
   - or if there is no way, what are the steps that I should follow if I wanted to contribute to the project and improve mathematical formulas extraction ?

Kind regards,Nicoleta Lazar

Re: Mathematical Formulas In MSWord Files

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Nicoleta Lazar wrote:
> I am currently working on a project that involves mathematical texts
> manipulation. I have used Apache POI to extract formulas and text from
> input MSWord files

Is this for .doc, .docx, or both?

Nick