Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Steve Tierney <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/22 20:54:22 UTC

PDPage convertToImage() - size question

I am successfully using convertToImage() to convert a PDF to a tiff (using
Image I/O).  Using the following
code: page.convertToImage(BufferedImage.TYPE_BYTE_BINARY, 300);

When I view the tif, it is over 3000x1500 px, but the original PDF is
8.5x11.

Is there something I need to do, prior to converting the image, that will
help reduce the height and width of the output tif?

PDFBox 1.5
Java 6
PDF in question is PDF version 1.3

tif Compression Type: CCITT T.6

Re: PDPage convertToImage() - size question

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 22.05.2011 20:54, schrieb Steve Tierney:
> I am successfully using convertToImage() to convert a PDF to a tiff (using
> Image I/O).  Using the following
> code: page.convertToImage(BufferedImage.TYPE_BYTE_BINARY, 300);
>
> When I view the tif, it is over 3000x1500 px, but the original PDF is
> 8.5x11.
>
> Is there something I need to do, prior to converting the image, that will
> help reduce the height and width of the output tif?
Try to reduce the resolution, the second parameter of convertToImage.

> PDFBox 1.5
> Java 6
> PDF in question is PDF version 1.3
>
> tif Compression Type: CCITT T.6