Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org> on 2003/01/20 03:10:27 UTC

The use of UTIUtil.toUsingCharset?

Hi,

I was asked to explain of the toUsingCharset method personally.

That's related to the issue of multi-byte letters...
(To use String and StringBuffer makes another issue.)
The first problem is the initial character set of
being stored or transfered.
The second problem is the display of that characters.

I'll have time to explain it with some architectual diagram later again.
^^;...

Sung-Gu

Re: The use of UTIUtil.toUsingCharset?

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Sung-Gu

As you seem unable or unwilling to provide an example, I request from
you a simple test case (to be integrated into the test suite) that tests
the contract of this method.

Thanks

Odi

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
FYI,

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: The use of UTIUtil.toUsingCharset?

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Sung-Gu,

 From your diagram I do not see anything that is not supported by
standard Java String handling. I still think this method is unnecessary.

Your "test case" does not contain a single assertion. Printing out
garbage to the console doesn't make sense. PLEASE PROVIDE AN ORDINARY
JUNIT TEST CASE!

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
Well, it's done a bit...

Sung-Gu