Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 15:13:04 UTC

Subsystems dependency on Blueprint?

Hi,

I had a system that was developed using only Declarative Services. We
are studying to use Subsystem to help with an isolation issue.

The first problem for us is that it depends on Blueprint and we don't
like the idea to add this overhead in this environment just to be able
to use Subsystems.

Could someone explain me this dependency? are beans being injected or
just services?

would be possible to use DS instead of Blueprint in case no bean being
injected ?

thanks

Cristiano

Re: Subsystems dependency on Blueprint?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
It provides the generation of service dependencies based on blueprint
descriptors (and SCR maybe).
Those dependencies should rather be expressed using generic osgi.service
dependencies in the bundle manifest headers and this would remove the need
for using applications completely.
And these headers should be generated by tools such as the felix
maven-bundle-plugin (I'm planning to do that in the near future).

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Wong <aa...@gmail.com>.

发自我的 iPad

Posted by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Something like this was discussed earlier this year here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/aries-dev/201401.mbox/%3COFAA832B50.41766788-ON87257C63.005CDC7E-86257C63.005D4846%40us.ibm.com%3E

It seems that John Ross already did some work for this too.
BTW I think the decoupling is a great idea.

Best regards,

David

Posted by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,