Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk> on 2012/10/26 16:38:20 UTC

T5.3 MethodInvocation

In Tapestry 5.3, the Invocation interface was deprecated in favour of MethodInvocation. I'm updating our code to use the new MethodInvocation interface and there are some things missing, most of which I can simply use getMethod() for.

E.g. (please correct me if any of these are wrong)

invocation.getResultType()              ->  invocation.getMethod().getReturnType()
invocation.getMethodName()        ->  invocation.getMethod().getName()
invocation.getParameterCount()   -> invocation.getMethod().getParameterTypes().length

Unfortunately I can't find a replacement for getResult(), which we use in some of our method advice. What should I use instead or is this an oversight in the new interface?

RE: T5.3 MethodInvocation