Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Richard Hirstle <ri...@designercollection.com.au> on 2016/09/29 07:10:22 UTC

Problem using latest SDK in Flashbuilder

Hi

Apologies for the naivety of this question but I have successfully installed the latest SDK (windows) and want to start using it in Flash builder 4.6. If I try to create a new project I get the message 'Flash builder 4 only supports Flex SDK 3.9 and higher.

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Cheers

Richard

--
Richard Hirstle
MD Evolution Software

Re: Problem using latest SDK in Flashbuilder

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
BTW:
Don't hesitate to ask if you stuck with a problem. I'm sure anybody here
will be glad to help.

Re: Problem using latest SDK in Flashbuilder

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
>I assume I don’t need them in the Flash builder directory as well.
To my knowlegde is's definately crucial to manually add the SDK to your IDE
as it is described in the above link.
But if it already appears in your project as default project it seems to be
ok. Maybe you want to double check it: Right click at your
project->Properties->Flex compiler:
The 'default' or 'specifik' SDK should point to 4.15.0.

Sometimes FlashBuilder is a bit messy and sometimes it is helpful to 'clean'
a project:
Try "Project->Clean..." from the toolbar.

HTH,
Olaf

Re: Problem using latest SDK in Flashbuilder

Posted by Richard Hirstle <ri...@designercollection.com.au>.
Thanks - that’s good to know.

To be clear if I try to create a new project the SDK (Apache Flex 4.15.0 FP20.0 en_US) appears
as the default SDK but if I try to use it I get the “Flash Builder only supports  ….” message.

Looks as if all the XML files etc are in the correct directories in the installed SDK directory so I assume
I don’t need them in the Flash builder directory as well.

Cheers

Richard

--
Richard Hirstle
Sent with Airmail

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Do you already set up the new installed SDK with FlashBuilder?
Here you found a howto [1]

HTH,
Olaf

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/2.1+Flash+Builder