Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeremy Arnold <je...@bigfoot.com> on 2003/06/08 11:59:21 UTC

Scheduler code requires JDK 1.4

Hello,
    I just pulled down the latest JMeter code from CVS, and noticed that
the ThreadGroupGui now uses JSpinner and related classes.  These were
not added until JDK 1.4.  This dependency is only in the GUI code.

    As I've mentioned before, I would prefer to keep compatibility at
least back to JDK 1.3 for now, unless there is a compelling reason to
switch.  I don't know whether or not this is a compelling enough reason,
but I think it at least needs to be a conscious decision to make the
switch.  Opinions from others?

    Note that if we decide to keep 1.3 compatibility, this doesn't mean
we have to throw out the whole scheduler.  We just have to redo the GUI
to not use JSpinner.  For example, it could be replaced with a series of
combo boxes and text fields.  Not as pretty, but it would work.

Jeremy

Re: Scheduler code requires JDK 1.4

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Sure, I agree.  I thought is was very cool but didn't even think about whether
JSpinner was in 1.3.

-Mike

On 8 Jun 2003 at 11:59, Jeremy Arnold wrote:

> Hello,
>     I just pulled down the latest JMeter code from CVS, and noticed that
> the ThreadGroupGui now uses JSpinner and related classes.  These were
> not added until JDK 1.4.  This dependency is only in the GUI code.
>
>     As I've mentioned before, I would prefer to keep compatibility at
> least back to JDK 1.3 for now, unless there is a compelling reason to
> switch.  I don't know whether or not this is a compelling enough reason,
> but I think it at least needs to be a conscious decision to make the
> switch.  Opinions from others?
>
>     Note that if we decide to keep 1.3 compatibility, this doesn't mean
> we have to throw out the whole scheduler.  We just have to redo the GUI
> to not use JSpinner.  For example, it could be replaced with a series of
> combo boxes and text fields.  Not as pretty, but it would work.
>
> Jeremy

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya