Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2015/12/29 21:38:15 UTC

Javascript testing in the Lucene/Solr build process

Please see SOLR-8473/8474, even if you are a Lucene dev, not Solr.

I am proposing to add unit/functional tests to the Solr Admin User
Interface.

Whether you use the admin UI or not, if you want to run the full suite
of tests (e.g. before a release) you will need to have node/npm
installed, along with the Chrome browser.

If you run automated tests on a build server (and you want to run these
tests) you will require npm/node as above, plus either Chrome/X, or
(assuming I manage to get it working) PhantomJS which will remove the
dependency upon a user interface.

Please comment/object/praise/etc on the tickets, whether you are a Solr
dev or not, as I want to try and do this in a way that suits us all.

Upayavira
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8473
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8474