Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jordan Thomas <jo...@ipa.fhg.de> on 2002/11/19 17:22:52 UTC

Dynaform error

Hi,

I have set up my form using dynaform functionality. Everything seemed
OK, until the point when I started adding my validation functionality.
Anyway, it seems to be that when I add my <validator:javascript
formName="loginForm"/> tag to the top of my page I get the following
error:

14:36:08,436 ERROR [Engine] ApplicationDispatcher[/scoop]
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts.validator.taglib.html.JavascriptValidatorTag.doStartTa
g(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jsp.formCompanyRegistration$jsp._jspService(formCompanyRegist
ration$jsp.java:1720)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServle
t.java:201)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
        ......etc.......etc.......

As soon as I take the tag out my form goes back to working again. I am
using tiles and the workflow framework within my application so I
thought that maybe this is what is causing the error. It also happens in
both actions that are declared as session or request scope variables. I
am using version 1.1 of struts.

As for my config file, it looks like this:

    <form-bean name="loginForm" dynamic="true"
        type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
        <form-property name="action" type="java.lang.String" />
        <form-property name="username" type="java.lang.String" />
        <form-property name="password" type="java.lang.String" />
    </form-bean>

 <action-mappings>
    <action path="/login/1"
            type="scoop.web.struts.login.LoginAction"

className="com.livinglogic.struts.workflow.ApplicationMapping"
            name="loginForm"
            scope="request"
            validate="true">
        <set-property property="authtype"
value="scoop.web.authentication.Authentication"/>
        <set-property property="primaryWorkflow"
value="login-workflow"/>
        <set-property property="newState" value="1"/>
        <set-property property="nextState" value="2"/>
        <set-property property="endWorkflow" value="false"/>
        <forward name="success" path="/tiles/login_step1"/>
    </action>
    <action path="/login/2"
            type="scoop.web.struts.login.LoginAction"

className="com.livinglogic.struts.workflow.ApplicationMapping"
            name="loginForm"
            scope="request"
            validate="true">
        <set-property property="authtype"
value="scoop.web.authentication.Authentication"/>
        <set-property property="primaryWorkflow"
value="login-workflow"/>
        <set-property property="newState" value="2"/>
        <set-property property="prevState" value="1"/>
        <set-property property="endWorkflow" value="true"/>
        <forward name="success" path="loggedinhome"/>
    </action>
 </action-mappings>

Has anyone seen this before and more importantly does anyone know what
could be causing this? I have search through the archives and on the web
to no avail.

Thanks

Jordan