Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org> on 2008/02/02 12:16:26 UTC

Questions

Hi all,

I recently mentioned that it might be confusing for people what part of
the svn tree they have to pick (due to the reorganization). Well that
confusing already arose. What shall we do? delete river/trunk or is
there another way to make it invisible?

Another thing I bumped into, it appears that I edited the Confluence
Wiki to show the right svn location to utilize by people who want to
grap the source but again these changes didn't propagate to the River
generated website. This is Confluence
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RIVER/Source+Code and this is
the River site http://incubator.apache.org/river/RIVER/source-code.html

So it looks like changes in some pages propagate, while others don't (I
think the Confluence inclusion mechanism is causing this). Is there a
solution to this, or a way I can trigger generation of the whole website
(I think I need admin rights for that).

Mark

Re: Questions

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Feb 2, 2008 1:16 PM, Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org> wrote:
> I recently mentioned that it might be confusing for people what part of
> the svn tree they have to pick (due to the reorganization). Well that
> confusing already arose. What shall we do? delete river/trunk or is
> there another way to make it invisible?

Yes, just remove it. I actually assumed you'd have used "svn move"
instead of "svn copy" when migrating the code, but "svn move" followed
by "svn delete" is essentially the same thing.

> Another thing I bumped into, it appears that I edited the Confluence
> Wiki to show the right svn location to utilize by people who want to
> grap the source but again these changes didn't propagate to the River
> generated website. This is Confluence
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RIVER/Source+Code and this is
> the River site http://incubator.apache.org/river/RIVER/source-code.html
>
> So it looks like changes in some pages propagate, while others don't (I
> think the Confluence inclusion mechanism is causing this). Is there a
> solution to this, or a way I can trigger generation of the whole website
> (I think I need admin rights for that).

I triggered a full export of the site, and the changes should become
visible in a few hours.

Normally Confluence only exports pages when they change, and
apparently the triggering mechanism doesn't take includes into
account. I don't see why we need the include mechanism there. Just put
the contents of the SourceAccess page directly into the Source Code
page.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Questions

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Mark,

On Feb 2, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Mark Brouwer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently mentioned that it might be confusing for people what part
> of
> the svn tree they have to pick (due to the reorganization). Well that
> confusing already arose. What shall we do? delete river/trunk or is
> there another way to make it invisible?

You could make river/trunk contain a README file that explains why the
obvious choice isn't the right one.

README:
You have checked out the river/trunk module, and probably didn't
realize that there's nothing here. The river community has decided to
split river into two parts.

At river/jtsk/trunk you can find the part of the river project that
deals with ...

Craig

> Another thing I bumped into, it appears that I edited the Confluence
> Wiki to show the right svn location to utilize by people who want to
> grap the source but again these changes didn't propagate to the River
> generated website. This is Confluence
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RIVER/Source+Code and
> this is
> the River site http://incubator.apache.org/river/RIVER/source-
> code.html
>
> So it looks like changes in some pages propagate, while others don't
> (I
> think the Confluence inclusion mechanism is causing this). Is there
> a solution to this, or a way I can trigger generation of the whole
> website (I think I need admin rights for that).

> Mark

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!