Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David CM Weber <da...@backbonesecurity.com> on 2004/05/19 19:17:02 UTC

Error getting SSL to work on Apache w/ Subversion

I've got everything working except for the basic auth over SSL.  I'm
trying to set up a self-signed certificate on the apache server (redhat
8), and when I try to include the module in the httpd.conf  and start
the server I get:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 202 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: ap_bucket_type_eoc

Apache httpd-2.0.49 (compiled from source)

I'm wondering if mod_ssl sin't configured correctly via the ./configure
options.  Any suggestions from this route (check that it's enabled, how
to enable it via a recompile)

Thanks

Re: Error getting SSL to work on Apache w/ Subversion

Posted by Seth Falcon <sf...@fhcrc.org>.
On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 03:17:02PM -0400, David CM Weber wrote:
>    I'm wondering if mod_ssl sin't configured correctly via the ./configure
>    options.  Any suggestions from this route (check that it's enabled, how to
>    enable it via a recompile)

You can see the config settings for your apache like so:

    apachectl -V

and

   apachectl -l

If you do not see mod_ssl.c in the output of the latter, then you need
to rebuild apache.

+ seth

Re: Error getting SSL to work on Apache w/ Subversion

Posted by Christopher Baus <ch...@yahoo.com>.
> options.  Any suggestions from this route (check
> that it's enabled, how
> to enable it via a recompile)

Is there any reason you can't use the RedHat RPMs?
I've had no problems running Subversion over SSL/HTTP
using the RPMs.

I used to compile Apache from source, but in my
opinion getting the configuration correct, and staying
up to date with the patches is a nightmare.

Christopher Baus
http://www.baus.net/