Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com> on 2014/07/08 20:22:24 UTC

Re: Timeout error while brining up VM console from UI for testing Brocade Network Plugin: CLOUDSTACK-6823

Hi,

AFAIK, since the simulator does not actually have any H/W or real VM, I
don't think console access is available.

Thanks,
Amogh

Posted by Ritu Sabharwal <rs...@Brocade.com>.
Thanks Amogh for the reply.

So for testing the ping across VMs , I need to setup real hardware. I am trying to add a VMware Cluster with ESXi hosts connected to Brocade VDX switches.

I am facing issues in setting up the VMWare support in CS.

I downloaded the vim25.jar and apputils.jar from VSphere Management SDK and copied them to deps folder.

When I am trying to build cloudStack from source using the command mvn install  -Dnoredist , it is failing and looking for dependencies for NetApp Plugin.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project cloud-plugin-netapp: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-plugin-netapp:jar:4.5.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.cloud.com.netapp:manageontap:jar:4.0 in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

How can I just build for enabling VMware support and no other opensource dependency?

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.