Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Frot <fr...@earthling.net> on 2001/09/17 20:35:31 UTC

JUNIT & search for properties files

I currently am in search for idea's of solving following problem.

Execution of my JUnit testcases is configured using a 'test.properties' file.
Unfortunatly loading a Input Stream using

	prop.load(new inputStream("test.properties")) ;

Does not work : the file is not found !!!

Solution to this might be using absolute paths, but that results in the familiar
problems (multiple users have different paths => BIG mess).

	prop.load(new inputStream("/tmp/test.properties")) ;

Due to the problems this is not a solution for longer term use.

My question is how to tackle this problem intelligently !! Any idea's ??

==============

My tip would be adding (how) a environment variable to the JUNIT task and use
this variable when opening the file like :

	<JUNIT .......>
		<CLASSPATH>......</CLASSPATH>
		<ABSPATH="c://temp//" />
     </JUNIT>

Now I could use this newly created variable

	prop.load(new inputStream(System.Env("ABSPATH") + "test.properties")) ;

Thanks for any input,

Fred

Re: tag

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.