Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Vjaceslavs Klimovs <vk...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/15 16:17:25 UTC

destroyApplicationContextOnStop parameter semantics

Hi,
In the default provided documentation <broker> is always configured
with destroyApplicationContextOnStop="true". I searched documentation
but was unable to find what exactly this parameter means. I would like
to know what this parameter does, and if I need it or not, considering
that I run ActiveMQ as a daemon on Linux (Sun JDK 1.6.20, using
start-stop-daemon).

Re: destroyApplicationContextOnStop parameter semantics

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Vjaceslavs,

this parameter instructs the broker that when it shuts down it try to
stop surrounding application context. This is helpful when embedding
broker in various environments like OSGi container or Spring app, so
it's not much of a concern if you're running it standalone.

BTW. I've put it on my TODO documentation list

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net