Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org> on 2016/02/08 18:37:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.10.2 (RC2)

Dear Flink community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Flink version
0.10.2.

Please note that this vote has a slightly shorter voting period of 48
hours. Only a single change has been made since the last release
candidate. Since the community has already done extensive testing of the
previous release candidate, I'm assuming 48 hours will suffice to vote on
this one.

The commit to be voted on:
e525eb2f1413df238e994d01c909d2b90f1b7709

Branch:
release-0.10.2-rc2 (see
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/?p=flink.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release-0.10.2-rc2)

The release artifacts to be voted on can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~uce/flink-0.10.2-rc2/

The release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint 9D403309:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flink/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1061

The vote is open for the next 48 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

The vote ends on Wednesday February 10, 2016, 18:45 CET.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Flink 0.10.2

===================================

The following commits have been added since the 0.10.2 RC 1:

* 2cd0618 - [tools] Properly update all POM versions in release script
(3 hours ago) <Ufuk Celebi>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.10.2 (RC2)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Signature file on source looks good
Hash files on source look good
LICENSE file looks good
NOTICE file looks good
Source compiled
Tests passed
Standalone works
Test on YARN session works

- Henry

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Re-ran the tests from the previous RC with the new RC

  - Built the code (Linux x64, Scala 2.10, Hadoop 2.3.0)
  - Ran all tests
  - Checked that there are no cross-version dependencies
  - Checked that LICENSE and NOTICE are up to date
  - Check planVisualizer util
  - ran examples from command line
  - tested web frontend on Firefox and Chrome
  - ran program on multiple taskmanagers, killed one during execution,
recovery worked properly

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ufuk,
+1 for a new RC

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for bringing up the issue. I believe some people (including me) will
try to run Apache Flink on YARN =)

If more 0.10.x releases needed before 1.0 definitely would love to include
this in.

- Henry

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.