Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by veryblues_cn <lh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/09 09:15:12 UTC

Can I import datasource from SQL sever or Orcale

Hi all,
It seems like possible to deploy solr 1.4 with SQL sever ,but not sure about
the latest version,3.6 even 4.

Of course, it is perfect to use Oracle for the project I am going to
start.But I am not sure about the

difficulties in development,you know,there are many issues like developing
search GUI , how

to crawl the intranet of my company,and so on . I have researched for the
issues for two weeks

but it is still pending.So exhausted.....

Actually ,the more I know about solr ,the more problems occur to me, can any
one give me some idea?

thank you

Re: Can I import datasource from SQL sever or Orcale

Posted by veryblues_cn <lh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomas,

I really agree with your opinion, and your answear is detailed and useful
to me. As a newbie in solr, I
think I still have so much to learn to use it in a project.And the book you
mentioned is really useful, and
to be honest, I have read some of that, but not so clear about some of the
useage. It seems I need to be
study further on it. Thanks for your idea !!!!! :)

best regards

2012/8/9 Tomás Fernández Löbbe [via Lucene] <
ml-node+s472066n4000131h9@n3.nabble.com>

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.