Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/12/10 18:07:35 UTC

[m2] How to generate html from apt without running the whole build lifecycle?

I love the .apt format.  But to generate the html and look at the results I
have to run mvn site, which executes in the package phase (I think), so I
have to wait for all the preceding phases to run.  Even if my site has no
reports (e.g. with -DgenerateReports=false) it might take minutes (if not
hours) to get to the point where I see my html output.

Is there a way to force the site plugin to run in an earlier phase?  Or to
switch off the test phase?  Or any other way to get my html quickly?

Re: [m2] How to generate html from apt without running the whole build lifecycle?

Posted by Patrick Kimber <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave

You could download apt-convert.  Have a look at:
http://www.xmlmind.com/aptconvert.html

This program has nothing to do with Maven but it will convert your apt
files to html, rtf (and other formats).

Patrick

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 12/11/06, Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> baerrach wrote:
> >
> > For me though the site:run apt files are missing their CSS so they look
> > ugly.
> > Does anyone else have the same problem?
> >

> Works for me.  Are you using the standard css (I am because I'm lazy), or a
> custom skin?

Bog standard, as I am lazy too.

I assume its an issue with firewalls, it always is when I have troubles.

Good to hear more people dont have problems.
It's not high on my priority list so I will look into it much later.

Re: [m2] How to generate html from apt without running the whole build lifecycle?

Posted by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Subhash Chandran <su...@gmail.com>.
Just tried this feature. Works fine for me!

Thanks Wim for bringing about this topic, and thanks Wendy for letting
us know of this feature.

Regards,
Subhash.

On 12/11/06, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/06, Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yep, that is something really worth documenting! Did not know that either...
>
> Wendy already answer my question about the exact same thing a couple weeks ago.
>
> For me though the site:run apt files are missing their CSS so they look ugly.
> Does anyone else have the same problem?

Subhash Chandran S

http://wiztools.org/project/XML2SpreadSheet/

Re: [m2] How to generate html from apt without running the whole build lifecycle?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yep, that is something really worth documenting! Did not know that either...

regards,

Wim

Posted by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.