Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Satish Kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/07 00:23:33 UTC

spell check - preserve case in suggestions

Hi,

Say that the field name has the following terms:

Giants
Manning
New York

When someone searches for "gants" or "Gants", I need the suggestion to be
returned as "Giants" (capital G - same case as in the content that was
indexed). Using lowercase filter in both index and query analyzers I get
the suggestion "giants", but all the letters are in smaller case. Is it
possible to preserve the case in suggestions, yet get suggestions for input
term in upper or lower or mixed case?

Thanks,
Satish