Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by zy <un...@sohu.com> on 2002/10/25 04:35:43 UTC

portlet refresh,why refresh all?

I use a button in my VM page in one portlet:
<input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doUpdate" value="Confirm">
   </input>
but when I push the button ,all the portlets are refreshed.
How can I only refresh the very portlet just as I want to ?

Re: portlet refresh,why refresh all?

Posted by Stefan Kuhn <sk...@ice.mpg.de>.
Hi zy,
the answer is: not at all. Due to the nature of the web server / browser
communication, you always need to request a new page from the server and the
server needs to send the whole page. You can obviously achieve the effect by
leaving all the other portlets anchanged. But, to say this again, there is no
way to request only part of a web page from the server (except frames, which
you can't really use in jetspeed).
Stefan

Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 04:35 schrieben Sie:

--
Stefan Kuhn M. A.
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Winzerlaer Str. 10, Beutenberg Campus, 07745