Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org> on 2005/03/04 00:21:24 UTC

Static factory method on TransportType

Trustin,

MINA's TransportType could use a static factory method for returning the
TransportType based on a String coming from configuration.

WDYT?

-enrique

Re: Static factory method on TransportType

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:36:56 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
<er...@apache.org> wrote:
> Trustin Lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:21:24 -0500, Enrique Rodriguez
> > <er...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >>Trustin,
> >>
> >>MINA's TransportType could use a static factory method for returning the
> >>TransportType based on a String coming from configuration.
> >

> > Do you want to extend MINA API and provide a new TransportType
> > support?  If so, what is it?
>
> Nothing new.  I was just suggested a convenience method for getting a
> TransportType from a String:
>
> TransportType.getInstance( "datagram" );
>
> Alternatively, you could call these "udp" or "tcp".  Config is going to
> come from Dictionary's, system Preferences, XML, or LDAP attributes.  In
> each case it will be a String that needs to be converted to the
> type-safe TransportType.

Oh I see.  Then I'll add it for you. :)

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: Static factory method on TransportType

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,