Posted to users@maven.apache.org by firepol <it...@yahoo.it> on 2007/06/19 10:31:27 UTC

assembly: zip inside zip

Hi there,

I have a project with 2 additional folders: "sql" and "process". "sql"
contains some SQL files. "process" contains 2 process definitions (processA
and processB) that should be zipped because we use a special tool that
deploys them only in zip format.

What I need is a ZIP containing the project + the "sql" folder + the
"process" folder containing the 2 zips of the process definitions
processA.zip and processB.zip.

Expected result:

project.zip
- project
- sql
- process
-- processA.zip
-- processB.zip

I already configured the assembly descriptor to create a ZIP of the project
and the sql folder.

I don't find a way to create the processA.zip and processB.zip.

Here my assembly.xml:

<assembly>
	<formats>
		<format>zip</format>
	</formats>

	<fileSets>
		<fileSet>
			<directory>target</directory>
			<outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
			<includes>
              <include>*.spring</include>
            </includes>
		</fileSet>
		<fileSet>
			<directory>src/sql</directory>
			<outputDirectory>sql</outputDirectory>
		</fileSet>
		<fileSet>
			<directory>src/process</directory>
			<outputDirectory>process</outputDirectory>
		</fileSet>
	</fileSets>
</assembly>

I don't want to create a pom.xml for each process definition and make them
as module. What would be ideal for me is that there would be an option
similar to <outputDirectory> but creating instead ofma directory, an archive
(tar, tar.gz, zip or whatever) e.g. in my project I would put:

<outputArchive>processA.zip</outputArchive>

very unluckily the <outputArchive> option doesn't exist.

I was wondering if this feature request could be proposed. Or if there is
another EASY way (creating a multimodule project and include the processA
and processB as module is not what I intend as easy) to achieve the same
result.

Thanks for letting me know.

Paolo