Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com> on 2003/08/08 13:21:49 UTC

OpenJMS and EJB MDBs

A couple years ago I attempted to use OpenJMS to create a MDB container
system for OpenEJB.  I couldn't do it because OpenJMS at that time did not
support JTA resource API - this predates J2EE Connectors 1.5.  Does OpenJMS
support this now? Specifically can it act as a 2pc resource?  If so, than
perhaps the best approach to building a MDB container is to create a J2EE
Connector for OpenJMS. That would allow it to be totally plugable rather
than tightly coupled - I figure that's the way we would go anyway, but I
wanted to raise the issue of OpenJMS not supporting (in the past) 2pc.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of J2EE Web Services (Addison-Wesley 2003)

RE: OpenJMS and EJB MDBs

Posted by Tim Anderson <tm...@netspace.net.au>.
The OpenJMS folks (largely me :), are strapped
for time at the moment, but your wishlist is noted.

Of course, if anyone wants to contribute JCA support,
to OpenJMS, they're welcome.

Regards,

Tim

Re: OpenJMS and EJB MDBs