Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathan Tremone <jo...@tremone.com> on 2008/09/20 23:19:04 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Port 8080 turning on-off Apache service in Win XP Pro SP 3

HI,

Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this group.  Using the wizard, I
installed Apache 2.2.9 (clean installation) using the selection "port 8080"
since I have another program that is using port 80.  The problem I'm having
is that I see the Apache logo in the task bar but Apache doesn't exist in
Windows XP PRO XP 3 "SERVICES" list so I can't manually turn on/off the
server.  I've looked at the error log and there doesn't seem to be any
errors.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Tremeon